Airslide fabric is a technical textile material used in the bulk material handling industry to transfer fine-grained and powder materials such as cement, flour, and fly ash. The width of airslide fabric is an important consideration when selecting the appropriate material for a specific application. In this article, we’ll explore the typical width range of airslide fabric to help you make an informed decision on which material to choose.
What is Airslide Fabric?
Airslide fabric is a highly engineered textile made of high-quality, specially treated polyester fibers that allow air to pass through quickly while resisting abrasion, tearing, and chemical attack. It is a highly breathable, air-permeable material that is primarily used in bulk material handling equipment such as silos, hoppers, and pneumatic transport systems to facilitate efficient and uniform transfer of fine-grained and powder materials.
Width Range of Airslide Fabric
The width of airslide fabric can vary depending on the specific application and manufacturer. However, typical ranges of airslide fabric widths fall between 60-120 inches.
The width of airslide fabric is an essential factor to consider when selecting the appropriate material for a specific application. A wider fabric will generally provide benefits such as:
- Fewer seams: Wider airslide fabric rolls will have fewer seams, reducing the chances of leaks or cross-contamination.
- Maximum coverage: Wider fabric will ensure a maximum coverage area, ensuring more effective transport of materials.
- Cost-effective: With wider fabric rolls, fewer rolls will be required, reducing the total cost of airslide fabric required for each application.
- A narrower airslide fabric may be more suitable for smaller systems and space-constrained applications but may require multiple seams and rolls to cover larger surface areas.
Top 4 Factors that Affect Airslide Fabric Width
- Machine restrictions: The width of the manufacturing machine used to produce airslide fabric can impact the width of the fabric.
- Manufacturing process: Manufacturers may have different manufacturing processes, which impact the width of their airslide fabric products.
- Transportation: The width of airslide fabric products may also be limited by transportation and logistical considerations.
- Customer requirements: The width of airslide fabric may also be determined by specific customer requirements, such as project-specific needs or equipment configuration.
|60-80 inches||Narrow airslide fabric suitable for smaller applications and space-constrained environments.|
|80-100 inches||Medium-width airslide fabric suitable for a wide range of applications and often used as a standard width.|
|100-120 inches||Wide airslide fabric ideally suited to applications where maximum coverage is required and where minimizing seams is desirable.|
The width of airslide fabric is an important factor to consider when selecting the appropriate material for bulk material handling applications. Typical width ranges fall between 60-120 inches, and the width of the fabric can be affected by several factors such as machine restrictions, manufacturing process, transportation, and customer requirements.
Understanding the typical width range and factors affecting airslide fabric width is crucial to ensure maximum performance, efficiency, and durability of the bulk material handling system.