Airslide fabric is a specialized material that is used for conveying dry bulk powders and granular materials in various industries, including cement, food, and pharmaceuticals. The material is made up of a blend of polyester and polyamide fibers, which are woven together to create a smooth surface that allows for easy flow of materials.
Three Points to Consider Before Installing Air Slide Fabric
- Ensure that the vessel or structure that the airslide fabric is being installed into is clean and free of debris.
- Measure and cut the fabric to the appropriate size and length for the installation area.
- Weld or sew the airslide fabric to any necessary connectors, such as fill heads, outlet tubes, or flanges.
Top 5 Installation Steps of Air Slide Fabric
- Lay out the airslide fabric onto the installation area, making sure that it lays flat and straight.
- Secure the airslide fabric to the structure using hangers or fixing points. It’s important to ensure that the fabric is secure and that there is no sagging or loose areas that could disrupt the flow of materials.
- Install the air supply system. This includes mounting the blower or compressor, installing the air distribution pipes, and connecting the air hoses to the airslide fabric.
- Turn on the air supply system and adjust the airflow as needed to achieve the desired material flow rate. It’s important to monitor the material flow during the initial use to ensure that it’s working properly and that there are no issues with blockages or uneven flow.
- Regularly clean the airslide fabric to prevent blockages and maintain material flow. This can be done using compressed air or a reverse pulse system.
Top Five Tips During AirSlide Fabric Installation
- Always use high-quality airslide fabric that is designed for your specific application.
- Make sure that the airslide fabric is cut to the correct size and length for your installation area.
- Ensure that all connectors are securely welded or sewn to the airslide fabric to prevent leaks.
- Regularly inspect the airslide fabric for wear and tear and replace it as needed to prevent any potential blockages or material flow disruptions.
- Follow all safety procedures and wear protective gear as needed during the installation process.
Installing airslide fabric can seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and knowledge, it can be done successfully. By following the steps outlined in this article and keeping the tips in mind, you can ensure that your airslide fabric installation is done correctly and efficiently. Remember to monitor the material flow during the initial use and regularly maintain and inspect the airslide fabric to prevent any potential issues.