Airslide fabric is a unique material widely used in various industrial settings for pneumatic conveying. One of the industries that have highly relied on the use of airslide fabric is the paper industry. Airslide fabric is an essential material in paper mills, used in the transportation and handling of papermaking materials.
What Is Airslide Fabric
This airslide Fabric material is made of high-quality woven polyester fabric with a higher air permeability rate, allowing the easy passage of materials using pneumatics. This article aims to provide insights into the use of airslide fabric in the paper industry, its benefits and limitations, and the impact it has on papermaking processes.
How Airslide Fabric Works
Airslide fabric works based on pneumatic conveying technology. The fabric is made of a high-quality porous woven polyester material that permits air to flow through the fabric, creating a space or a cushion between the surface and the material. When the material is fed onto the surface of the fabric, the air pressure in the cushion enables easy transportation of the material over the fabric. This conveying technique ensures the efficient transportation of the materials over long distances, avoiding any blockages, and material wastage.
Use of Airslide Fabric in the Paper Industry
The paper industry has relied significantly on airslide fabric in several ways. This fabric is mainly used in the transportation and handling of materials such as wood pulp, clay, and other raw materials used in papermaking processes. Airslide fabric is widely used in paper mills, raw material handling systems, storage facilities, and silos where it ensures the smooth flow of materials, enabling easy stacking and handling.
Top 4 Advantages of Airslide Fabric in Paper Making
Airslide fabric provides several advantages in papermaking operations. The following are some of the benefits:
- Increased efficiency in paper making processes – Airslide fabric ensures an uninterrupted flow of materials over any distance. This exceptional feature saves time, reduces labor costs, and ensures the timely delivery of raw materials to the processing plant.
- Reduction of downtime and maintenance costs – Due to its unique structure, airslide fabric is resistant to wear and tear during use. Therefore, it requires little to no maintenance. This feature saves paper mills costs, especially the downtime caused by maintenance operations.
- Improvement in quality control – Papermaking is a delicate process that requires maintaining precise material flow rates, minimizing material wastage, and reducing variability in the final product. Airslide fabric helps in achieving these objectives by providing an accurate and consistent flow of materials throughout the papermaking process.
- Enhanced environmental sustainability – The use of airslide fabric in paper mills is an eco-friendly option. This fabric is made from recyclable materials, which helps prevent environmental degradation. It also ensures that the conveyance of materials within the paper mills is executed in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Limitations and Challenges of Airslide Fabric in Paper Making
Although airslide fabric provides many advantages in papermaking operations, it also has some limitations and challenges.
- Difficulties in cleaning airslide fabric – Airslide fabric can easily become clogged up with dust or other materials present during the conveying of the papermaking materials, making cleaning a challenge.
- Issues with abrasive materials in paper making – Airslide fabric cannot withstand abrasive materials, such as sandpaperor grit, as they can quickly wear out the fabric and reduce its effectiveness. In such cases, other materials or systems may be required.
Airslide fabric has become a crucial material in the paper industry, with its unique features such as air permeability and pneumatic conveying capabilities. Its effectiveness in transportation and handling has resulted in significant benefits, such as increased efficiency, reduction of downtime and maintenance costs, improved quality control, and enhanced environmental sustainability.
However, airslide fabric also has limitations and challenges, mainly in the cleaning and handling of abrasive materials and extreme weather conditions. Despite these limitations, airslide fabric has been successfully implemented in several paper mills worldwide, leading to further applications in the industry. It is an essential tool in improving the overall operational efficiency of paper mills and should be considered when seeking optimal supply chain and production processes.