The airslide fabric is a technical textile material used widely in the bulk material handling industry. Also known as air permeable fabric or fluidizing fabric, airslide fabric is designed to provide smooth, efficient, and uniform transfer of fine-grained and powder materials such as cement, flour, fly ash, and other similar substances.
What is Airslide Fabric?
Airslide fabric is made of high-quality, specially treated polyester fibers that are woven and coated in a way that allows air to pass through quickly while resisting abrasion, tearing, and chemical attack. It is a highly breathable, air-permeable material that is engineered to maintain a consistent flow rate across the textile. This unique combination of properties makes airslide fabric an ideal choice for bulk material handling equipment such as silos, hoppers, and pneumatic transport systems.
Top 3 industrial applications of Airslide Fabric
- Silo discharge: When fine-grained or dusty materials are stored in silos, they tend to become compacted and difficult to discharge. Airslide fabric helps to fluidize the material, promoting a smooth and even flow rate.
- Pneumatic conveying: In pneumatic transport systems, airslide fabric is used to line the walls of the conveyance channels. The fabric promotes the transfer of materials while minimizing frictional force and wear on the equipment.
- Surface fluidization: Airslide fabric is used as a surface coating to promote even fluidization of fine-grained materials on the surface of flat or sloped structures. This application is commonly used in the cement industry, where the fabric is used to transport powdered cement and aggregate from one area of the plant to another.
Top 3 Advantages of Airslide Fabric
- Better fluidization: Traditional methods such as mechanical conveyors or bucket elevators can cause compaction and clumping of fine-grained materials. Airslide fabric promotes a more uniform flow that reduces the likelihood of jamming, bridging, or segregation.
- Lower energy consumption: Because airslide fabric promotes a more uniform flow rate, it requires less energy to move the material. This can result in lower operating costs, reduced wear on equipment, and improved plant efficiency.
- Improved safety: Airslide fabric is an inert material that does not generate sparks or static electricity. This makes it an ideal material for use in industries that handle flammable or explosive materials.
Top 4 Airslide Fabric Specifications
Airslide fabric is available in a range of specifications depending on the application and the specific material being transported.
|Typically between 4-6 oz./sq. yd.
|Generally 48-60 inches
|Typically between 10-120 CFM/sq. ft.
|Available with various specialty coatings for chemical or temperature resistance
Airslide fabric is a unique material that offers several advantages over traditional bulk material handling techniques. It promotes a more uniform flow rate, reduces energy consumption, promotes safety, and is available in a range of specifications to meet a variety of industrial needs. As such, it is an ideal choice for industries that handle fine-grained and powder materials.
The airslide fabric is a versatile solution that plays a crucial role in the bulk material handling industry. With its unique combination of properties, it offers a range of benefits over traditional methods, making it an ideal choice for various applications.