Airslide fabric is a material that has found diverse usage in several industrial settings due to its unique characteristics. This fabric is widely used in the mining industry as it is essential during the transportation and handling of materials. It is made of a specially woven fabric that has a higher air permeability rate, allowing the passage of materials using pneumatics.
Airslide fabric works using pneumatic conveying. The fabric is made of high-quality woven polyester material with tiny holes that allow air to pass through the fabric. When this fabric is inflated, air fills up the spaces between particles of the mining material, suspending it and allowing it to flow along the fabric with ease. The permeability of the material is maintained by the air pressure. This conveying technique ensures the efficient transportation of the materials across various distances, avoiding any blockages and material wastage.
Use of Airslide Fabric in the Mining Industry
The mining industry has relied significantly on airslide fabric in several ways. This permeable material is widely used in the transportation of several materials such as coal, limestone, cement, and copper, among others. The mining industry involves moving heavy and cumbersome materials over great distances, and airslide fabric serves as a vital tool in these processes. Airslide fabric is mainly used in raw materials handling systems, storage facilities, and silos where it ensures the smooth flow of materials, enabling easy stacking and handling.
Top 4 Advantages of Airslide Fabric in Mining Operations
Airslide fabric provides several advantages in mining operations. The following are some of the benefits:
- Increased efficiency in mining processes – Airslide fabric ensures an uninterrupted flow of materials, whether they are solid or powdered, over any distance. This feature saves time and ensures the timely delivery of raw materials to the processing plant.
- Reduction of downtime and maintenance costs – Due to its unique structure, airslide fabric is resistant to wear and tear during use. Therefore, it requires little to no maintenance. This feature saves mining operations costs, especially the downtime caused by maintenance operations.
- Improvement in air pollution control – Mining operations generate lots of dust and other particulate pollutants, which can harm the environment and the workers. Airslide fabric is an effective tool used in air pollution control systems, ensuring that the dust and other pollutants are contained within the fabric.
- Enhanced environmental sustainability – The use of airslide fabric in mining is an eco-friendly option. This fabric is made from recyclable materials, which help prevent environmental degradation. It also ensures that the conveyance of materials within the mining facilities is executed in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Challenges of Airslide Fabric in Mining
Although airslide fabric provides many benefits in mining operations, it also has some limitations and challenges. The following are some of them:
- Difficulties in cleaning airslide fabric – Airslide fabric can easily become clogged up with dust or other materials present during the conveying of mined materials, making cleaning a challenge. It requires proper maintenance procedures to ensure its durability.
- Issues with abrasive materials in mining – Airslide fabric cannot withstand abrasive materials such as iron ore or copperconcentrate, which can quickly wear out the fabric and reduce its effectiveness. In such cases, other materials or systems may be required.
Case Studies of Successful Airslide Fabric Use in Mining
There are several success stories and case studies where airslide fabric has been implemented in the mining industry, providing significant benefits and efficiency improvements. For example, airslide fabric has been used in the transportation of cement in mining operations in China, resulting in a decrease in the time required for transportation, improved efficiency, and reduced environmental pollution caused by dust emissions. In another case study, airslide fabric was used in a copper mine in Chile, where it helped to achieve better environmental performance by reducing the amount of dust and emissions generated during transportation.
In conclusion, airslide fabric has become a crucial material in the mining industry due to its unique features, such as air permeability and pneumatic conveying capabilities. Its effectiveness in transportation and handling has resulted in significant benefits, such as increased efficiency, reduction of downtime and maintenance costs, improved air pollution control, and enhanced environmental sustainability. However, airslide fabric also has limitations and challenges, mainly in the transportation of abrasive materials and extreme weather conditions. Despite these limitations, airslide fabric has been successfully implemented in several mining operations worldwide, leading to further applications in the industry.