In the food industry, airslide fabric is an essential component in the transport of dry or powdered food ingredients, such as flour, sugar, and starch. It offers several advantages, including high efficiency, uniformity, and cost-effectiveness.
Benefits of Airslide Fabric in the Food Industry
Airslide fabric is a versatile solution for transporting dry or powdered food ingredients in the food industry, as it has several benefits:
- High efficiency: Airslide fabric is designed with a smooth surface and a weft-stretch fabric construction that allows air to pass through evenly, resulting in high conveying efficiency.
- Uniformity: The uniformity of airslide fabric ensures consistent material flow without channeling or segregation, which can cause uneven distribution of materials throughout the transport process, compromising the quality of the final product.
- Low maintenance: Airslide fabric has minimal maintenance requirements, as it is resistant to abrasion and wear and tear. Cleaning the fabric with compressed air or a reverse pulse system can remove built-up materials and debris.
- Cost-effective: Airslide fabric is a cost-effective solution for the transportation of dry or powdered food ingredients in the food industry. It requires less energy than other conveying methods and has a lower initial cost.
- Minimal dusting: Airslide fabric has a unique feature where the air used to convey the material circulates within the fabric, reducing the chances of dusting, which keeps the work environment clean and minimizes the risk of contamination.
Top 3 Applications of using airslide fabric in the food industry
Airslide fabric is widely used in the food industry to convey dry or powdered food ingredients seamlessly. Here are some common applications:
- Flour Transport: Airslide fabric transports flour from the flour storage silo to the mixing station, ensuring a consistent flow rate. Using a different mode of transportation can cause disruption in the baking process, leading to the production of substandard products with reduced shelf life.
- Sugar Transport: Airslide fabric is used for transporting sugar from the syrup mixing station to the storage silo. The superior uniformity of the material flow, along with low or minimal dusting, has the added benefit of improving hygiene in the work environment.
- Starch Transport: Airslide fabric is used for transporting starch from the production line to the storage silo. There are different types of starches used in the food industry, such as native, modified, and liquid starches. The airslide fabric can convey each type uniformly without segregation, consistently preserving its quality.
|Flour Transport||Airslide fabric is used for transporting flour to and from the flour storage silo|
|Sugar Transport||Airslide fabric is used for transporting sugar from the syrup mixing station to the storage silo|
|Starch Transport||Airslide fabric is used for transporting liquid, modified or native starch from a production station to the storage silo|
Top 4 additional benefits of using airslide fabric in the food industry
- Versatile: Airslide fabric can efficiently transport a variety of dry or powdered food ingredients, making it a versatile conveying solution for the food industry.
- Low energy consumption: Airslide fabric is energy-efficient, requiring less power than other conveying methods, reducing energy costs.
- Safe for food contact: Airslide fabrics are made from materials that meet the food contact safety requirements hence it’s safe for contact with food.
- Easy to install: Airslide fabric can be easily installed and adapted to different lengths and diameters, making it a hassle-free and convenient solution for the food industry.
Airslide fabric is an integral component in the food industry, providing high efficiency, uniformity, and cost-effectiveness in the transport of dry or powdered food ingredients. Understanding the benefits of airslide fabric and its common applications in the food industry can help you make informed decisions when choosing a transport solution for your specific needs. Similarly, choosing a high-quality airslide fabric designed for specific applications and optimal performance conditions is crucial for safety and success in the industry.