Structure and working principle
The Air Sliding Conveyor is composed of two upper and lower grooved shells made of thin steel plates. Between the upper and lower shells, a breathable layer is sandwiched, and the entire chute is arranged at a certain slope.
The material is fed into the air slide fabric of the feeding port of the upper casing by the feeding device, and the air is blown into the lower casing by the blower, and passes through the air slide fabric along the chute to fluidize the material.
The fluidized material flows forward along the slope and then is output from the discharge port.
Air Slide Fabric
Air Slide Chute
In order to reduce the wear and impact of the breathable layer under the feed port, there is often an air slide chute (also called a feed slide) below the feed port. The slide chutes as a buffer, and the material slips onto the air slide fabric through the slide.
When the conveying line needs to be turned, a curved groove can be set, and a three-way or four-way groove with a redirecting gate can be set when branching is required.
In order to meet the needs of the operation, the shut-off valve is set in the appropriate section, the air volume can be saved when the section is used, and the observation window can be set every 2-3m after the feeding port, as well as at the branch groove, the curved groove, and the discharge port.
In order to discharge the gas in the upper tank, an exhaust pipe is usually installed above the rear of the body or in front of the brancher to intervene in the dust collector system. The exhaust air volume can be considered as 1.2 to 1.5 times that of the blower, and the gas pressure in the upper tank should be in a state of zero pressure or slightly negative pressure.
5 Important parameters of air slide conveyor
- Conveying chute inclination: The inclination of the air slide conveyor chute is one of the necessary conditions for the flow of materials in the trough, which depends on the efficiency, state, and process layout of the conveyed materials.
- Conveying capacity: The conveying capacity of the air slide conveyor is affected by many factors, including the width, slope, air volume, and conveyed material properties of the air slide chute.
- Air consumption: In order to make the conveyed material in the chute often fluidized, a certain amount of air needs to be fed, which is related to factors such as the nature of the material, the condition of the air slide fabric, and the inclination of the chute.
- Air pressure: The air pressure of the fan required by the air sliding conveyor is due to overcoming the resistance of the air slide fabric, the friction resistance of the conveyed material, and the resistance of the air supply pipe.
- Fan: The specifications of the blower for the air slide conveyor can generally be selected according to the required air volume and air pressure.
6 key operation points of air slide conveyor
- Carefully check the air slide conveyor before it is put into use, pay attention to whether the seals meet the requirements, and prevent air leakage from the air slide fabric and the tank body.
- When driving, close the air inlet valve, and gradually open the air inlet valve as needed after starting. According to the requirements of conveying materials, adjust the shut-off valve of the lower trough, and then start feeding.
- After the material is cut, the flow of the material should be observed through the observation door frequently, and the air intake should be adjusted in combination with the pressure measurement parameter.
- When stopping, stop feeding now, and gradually turn off the air intake. Stop the blower 2-3 minutes after the material in the chute is unloaded.
- Strictly prevent the conveyed material from being caught with large particles and sundries.
- Strictly control the moisture content of conveyed materials. Especially in the rainy season, the moisture content of the material is large, the fluidization in the conveying chute is poor, the fluidity is poor, and it is easy to cause blockage. The air blown by the blower has been required to be clean and dry.